Imagine you go on a vacation with your family and you end up sleeping.. What do you think is going to happen next?
Taunts from your parents or spouse, angry children, disappointed friends.
But what if I told you that this is going to change in the coming year. In 2023- Sleep tourism has come to your rescue. With one’s fast paced lifestyle, you may get little to no chance to truly relax and unwind. Work obligations, our lifestyle choices and the increasingly deteriorating health and environmental factors have caused sleep deprivation in today’s world. It’s no secret that insomnia has a HUGE impact on your well being. It is bound to make one anxious, moody, irritable and ultimately unhappy and restless. We don’t want that, do we?
So if you love traveling and sleeping is your favorite thing to do- Sleep tourism is the answer for you!
But what is sleep tourism?
Sleep tourism is a vacation where the main agenda of the holiday is to feel refreshed, rejuvenated and well rested by using the best sleep related services and products.
Some sleep related services are meditation activities, yoga, retreats, etc. And believe it or not- sleep related products would involve luxurious hotels offering the most ‘cushion-y’ pillows, state of the art bedding, temperature controlled environment and soothing services all of which improve one’s quality of sleep.
*Yawns* Feeling sleepy just thinking about it!
Although this may appall many travelers as this is the opposite if a jam packed itinerary, sleep tourism is the best thing to happen for celebrities, professionals with a hectic schedule or sleep deprived guests. The aim of such a vacation isn’t to explore the destination or shop but to correct one’s sleeping pattern and focus on improving holistic health.
So doesn’t this make you curious about what one does in this sleep vacation?
Well the itinerary goes as follows :
Reach the hotel from the airport
Enjoy a soothing welcome drink which will soothe your mind and body (chamomile tea)
Relish lunch with food items which promote better sleep ( rice, bananas, warm milk)
Sleep for as long as you wish to
If you wake up on time enjoy a yoga or meditation class
Savor a light dinner
Sleep for the night
Wake up at leisure
Enjoy a massage or reflexology therapy
Relish a brunch
Witness an aroma therapy, breathing or expressive arts class to relax your mind
A nap never hurt anyone
Enjoy an evening stroll
Eat something light
Notice the change in your sleep at night!
So what are the hotels doing to lure sleep tourists?
- A 5 star Belmond Hotel in London by the name of The Cadogan has a sleep concierge, whose main role is to assist the guest in every way to ensure a deep sleep. They use techniques like playing a meditation recording in the room with the help of the main hotel app. Fancy, isn’t it?
- The Cadogan also provides its guests with high end pillows of different sizes to stimulate an uninterrupted sleep.
- Last but not least, they provide a variety of weighted blanket options along with an array of bed tea alternatives.
- But what about the unnecessary noise which interrupts your sleep? Well, Zedwell- London’s first sleep enhancement hotel offers room which are soundproof for a sound sleep.
- Park Hyatt New York is planning to lure tourists by a new concept of sleep suites.
- The ‘restorative bed’- in the World of Hyatt is truly a game changer in sleep tourism with carefully placed pressure points on the surface and controlled temperature during your sleep. Now that’s truly going the extra mile!
Now that you know all about sleep tourism, I’d love to know if you would be interested in sleep tourism or do you think that it’s a waste of money.
And if you ever want to experience sleep tourism pan India or around the globe- call us at 9873351507 or 9873351504.
Happy Sleeping! Happy Traveling! 🙂